Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Not for the easily offended..

There comes a time when all the crap you read from your friends on facebook really starts to get to you. You so badly want to confront their ridiculous ideas and the fact that they try to force them on their 325 friends on Facebook.
So here is my rebuttal..


Dear people..I let my child watch TV. I know..I'm a horrible mother. I don't believe that his imagination is based solely on wether or not he watches a cartoon or not.
He loves Mickey mouse, Spongebob (oh my gosh) and Spider Man. I know watching tv turns your 'brain into mush' but my siblings and I were all TV heads when we were little...Attention: I do not have mush for a brain! It's amazing right? Because even though Julien watches these tv shows, when the tv is off he's jumping from couches to chairs to bean bags making spiderman noises. When we go to the park his imagination comes to life from the things he's watched on tv. So I honestly don't have a problem with it.

And yes I let my child jump on our furniture. I understand you may not want him jumping on your furniture and thats fine. That is where my parenting for boundaries comes in and  I think i'm doing a pretty good job.
I know so and so's kid broke an arm jumping off of something somewhere but why be afraid of life?! People also hurt themselves driving, falling out of bed, sitting in a chair..are you going to stop doing those things too?!


Now, here is the big one. I know I will get backlash for this.
Genesis 17:9-11 Then God said to Abraham, “As for you, you must keep my covenant, you and your descendants after you for the generations to come. 10 This is my covenant with you and your descendants after you, the covenant you are to keep: Every male among you shall be circumcised. 11 You are to undergo circumcision, and it will be the sign of the covenant between me and you.

Now, if you're not a Christian and you have not made a heart covenant with the Lord to follow him, by all means do what you wanna do. 
For those who are Christians I understand that you might want to come back with a lot of scripture saying that it is not 'necessary' for us to do this anymore etc etc.
But I HIGHLY disagree, because as a christian we believe God is the same Yesterday, Today and Tomorrow therefore this detail of His requirements wouldn't have changed. 
It's not about humans not being able to 'clean themselves' or be 'happy' because my son who is circumcised IS happy and it's almost...offensive for you to say that he isn't because he has had a procedure. I understand your debate when it comes to 'letting people make their own decisions' etc. but I believe it is my job to raise up my child in the way that he should go, it is my duty until he is of age to make sure he is given to the Lord and is making that covenant with him. When he is older and i've done all that he can do he can make his decisions. 
For you to say my Child isn't happy, respected, healthy or secure is offensive. You wouldn't say any of those things to a child that had to undergo a c-section or any other type of surgery that might alter their mind or appearance. SO how dare you say something like that to a child whose parents decided to do a circumcision?! 
I understand that it is personal choice and if you choose to not do this for your child I will respect your decisions, so please..respect mine and stop judging me and every other mother out there who has decided on this publicly.

One more thing..  again for the christians.. STOP COMPROMISING! You're driving me nuts! Everytime you wave the trendy flag to support something that if you knew what it was really about you probably wouldn't really support it, it makes me want to delete you from my facebook, email list, cell phone and mind. 
It's not just for christians..i take that back it's for everyone. Be yourself, be who you are and stop compromising your personality, ideas, beliefs and way of life just because everyone else on Facebook, twitter, instagram and Tumblr are doing it! 


Ok i'm done. Hopefully all of you will stop writing such ridiculous stuff so I won't have to do this again! 

No comments:

Post a Comment