Monday, September 10, 2012

Wonderful Two's


Before getting into the blog, I'll give you some back story.

I have loved kids since I was a little tot, I was the one with the baby dolls attached to me at all times, holding the babies in the nursery when I was 8-10 years old. My dream was to be a Mother.

I was a nanny all through my teenage years. 2 little girls 2-4 years old, 2 boys 3-5 years old and then again 2 boys 13mo and 2 yrs for about 9-10 months. I was pretty familiar with 2 yr olds to say the least. 

When I found out I was pregnant with Julien and got my mind wrapped around it. I was fully prepared to be a Mother. This is my dream come true, I can totally handle this! I had no doubt I could handle a newborn, a toddler, a child and a teenager.

I was clearly not prepared for THIS Two yr old.

He was on a rampage 'I am independent, I am my own person, and I'm here to show you.'

Being a nanny is so sugar-coated, yes you deal with tantrums, fighting the kid to listen to you even when the mom isn't around....
This is different, this kid is mine...all mine. He knows what buttons to press, what words to say, how exactly to get his way.

We have our good days and our bad days, He can be the sweetest, cuddliest, mama's boy one moment. And screaming, hitting and rampaging the next.
It's quite the adventure around here!

 I wouldn't change one thing about it! 






No comments:

Post a Comment