Tuesday, July 24, 2012

8 day count down.

My sweet, little baby boy is almost.....two.

I can feel the tears coming now.

I can't believe these years have gone by SO fast, where has it gone?!
He says a new word almost every day, he's brilliant. ;)

I see him now in a size 4t shirt (it looks like it fits perfectly..i think it's stretchy), How did he grow into that? Just yesterday he was swimming in newborn onesies.
Have I mentioned how much he LOVES playing with balls? Soccer balls, footballs, tennis balls, bouncy balls...he's obsessed.
He plays soccer all day with his Sabba and CoCo, how did he learn how to kick a ball? I didn't have an hour long session teaching him all these new things he knows. he's brilliant.

Have I mentioned he's a dancer? What a dancer!! it's like he's choreographed each dance to each particular song that happens to come on the radio, He knows when it's appropriate for a slow spin or a quick hop or two. He's brilliant.

We got him a Dog on Saturday, a Labradoodle (long story) but he immediately knew it was his Dog. He ran around calling her "My", He knows how to play tag with her, walk her on her leash ( with assistance) and feed her (also with assistance). He's brilliant!
We named her Daisy, she's going to be a great dog for him.

I have 8 days until this little smarty pants turns 2, and 5 days until his birthday party. I have a long list of things I need to accomplish by Sunday but I honestly want to spend all day holding him, watching sesame street and holding back tears thinking of his baby days. How much I'll miss this cuddling, how i've enjoyed so much watching a little piece of my heart grow up, but at the same time this gut wrenching sadness that it's all happened too fast and I'll never have these same days again.

I hear over and over how much I'll enjoy every stage of life, but I see my husband, my brother, my dad..they don't have these cuddly, gushy, lovey, needy, cute, squishy relationships with their moms (honestly that would be weird). But that mother heart inside me never wants to lose that relationship! I always want him to need me, cuddle me, love me, reach for me, call my name when he needs me, cry for me, all of those things that makes your heart melt.

This is apart of growing up.

No language can express the power, and beauty, and heroism, and majesty of a mother's love.  It shrinks not where man cowers, and grows stronger where man faints, and over wastes of worldly fortunes sends the radiance of its quenchless fidelity like a star.  ~Edwin Hubbell Chapin

No comments:

Post a Comment