Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Facebook Generation

I am apart of a generation that has to tell everyone they know (or cyberly* know) what they are doing at all times. What they believe, their frustrations, their political views are all exposed on 1 website for thousands to read.

I would have no problem with this except for when I see my 'christian' friends slander those who don't share same beliefs, and call people worthless, leftovers, say 'they are taking up room'. This burdens me.

I worry that my child is going to grow up in an even more technological world where people slander even their brothers and sisters for a single disagreement. I don't want his peers to rob his innocence, heart for God, and goodness, I want him to always stand for justice and righteousness!

I hope my son is filled even now with such a love for the homeless, immigrants, muslims, budhists, prostitutes, drug addicts, christians, 'leftovers'. I hope he is filled with the Glory of God even now as a baby that when these people see him, Gods love is pouring out of his smile into them. I pray that he will NEVER judge people without the love of God, he won't even joke about those that have less, but instead extend grace, mercy and love.

My Generation makes me so sick, the things they say about people that aren't like them, or the crude jokes they make. I want to be apart of a righteous generation, abandoned to the Lord, beckoning the bride-groom and preparing themselves for such a day.

Proverbs 4:23-25
23 Watch over your heart with all diligence,
For from it flow the springs of life.
24 Put away from you a deceitful mouth
And put devious speech far from you.
25 Let your eyes look directly ahead
And let your gaze be fixed straight in front of you



--
I must edit myself. I don't justmean my generation ages 15-30. There are quite a few 40+ yr olds I know on facebook that I am ashamed to be friends with when they post some status', If anything they should be our examples encouraging, loving, and compassionate towards others specially those that are lost.

Put others before yourself, love others more then yourself, and try not to be so dang selfish. People are people, they all have feelings and God desires them no matter what their current religion, sexual orientation, or race that they are He loves them and wants them to be apart of his Bride.

No comments:

Post a Comment